If your job is computer-based, chances are you spend at least 35 hours a week staring at just one important rectangle – your computer screen. In fact, many of us spend so much time staring into our screens that we simply fail to notice the gradual accumulation of dust and sticky fingerprints (especially in the age of touchscreen monitors!) that can collect and make our screens and professional spaces look less than spotless.
But have no fear! Our helpful guide to how to clean a computer screen is here to save the day and make sure that your grubby screens stay spick and span. Whether you’re working on a laptop or a PC, this method will help you to keep your screen beautifully clean and streak-free – and it’s brilliantly easy and cheap to do…
The vinegar method
- Distilled water
- White wine vinegar
- A microfibre cloth
- A spray bottle
- A glasses cleaning cloth
1. Fill your spray bottle to the halfway point with white wine vinegar, then fill the second half of the bottle with distilled water and shake well to mix.
2. Turn off your laptop. If you’re cleaning a laptop rather than a PC, the last thing you want is to accidentally delete documents or close crucial screens. Save your work, then turn it off to make sure that you don’t accidentally hit any buttons while you’re cleaning. If you’re cleaning a PC, simply move the keyboard out of harm’s way while you spruce the screen up.
3. Spray the mixture onto a microfibre cloth. If you don’t have a microfibre cloth to hand, it’s worth investing in one. You can buy these cloths in any supermarket or general store; they’re the type usually used for cleaning kitchen surfaces and windows. Make sure you do not use paper towels or tissue as alternative. Paper towels can scratch your screen, while tissue is likely to dissolve leaving flecks of white residue.
4. With the moistened microfibre cloth begin cleaning your screen. Rub the screen in small circles until you’ve covered the whole of its surface.
5. Once you’ve buffed the screen with microfibre and the spray solution, it’s time to get that finishing shine. Cleaning cloths for glasses and tablet devices are specially made to combat streaks and smudges without causing scratches, which makes them perfect for use on computer screens. Again, rub the entire surface of the screen with small, circular movements to get a pristine, streak-free, smudgeless shine.
While you’re in the cleaning ‘zone’, why not take the time to clean your computer keyboard or laptop keyboard while you’re at it?
From those all-important little details like sparkling clean computer screens or workplace-wide deep cleaning, The Abbey Cleaning Service keeps South Wales’ offices and commercial spaces spotless. As one of the region’s longest serving commercial cleaning service providers, we’ve kept the region and its offices gleaming for over 40 years. To discuss your office cleaning needs, please contact our helpful staff today on 029 2067 9323.